FTISLAND PHILIPPINES

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spread the Pri love~ ♥ *waves Pentastick*

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally

hongstarpat
    hongstarpat
    Team Member
    Team Member

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally Empty [NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally

Post by hongstarpat

We did it. We made it to the season finale of the The Romantic & Idol. We waited long enough for this moment, so let’s find out which idols made it out of the island a little less lonely.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 55361661

Before we find out the results of the final selection, we’re teased with cuts of the idols at the airport, taking off for Seoul following the final selection. We see Ye Won and Kevin standing in line together, before the camera cuts to N, who is sandwiched between Eunyoung and G.Na and seen posing cutely for a few friendly selcas with the girls.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 38457039

Press rewind, and we see G.Na just a few hours before, wiping away tears and saying, “Why am I crying? I was fine…”

So what went down on the island exactly?

But before the final selection, the idols are given the opportunity to go on one final “free” date with whomever they want.

Back inside the guest house, following the Truth Room confessions, Ji Won asks Min Hyuk if he can wake up tomorrow, to which he says, “Of course,” indicating that Ji Won and Min Hyuk will be going on the free date together. Finally.

Meanwhile, Jong Hoon, who is with Ye Won, asks her if there’s anywhere she wants to go tomorrow, and the two decide to go eat something delicious.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 46781962

Morning comes, and Jong Hoon is already out on the lawn, (impatiently) waiting for Ye Won, who is running on girl time (read: an hour behind schedule), to come out.

Ye Won strolls out eventually, asking where they’re going. Jong Hoon, who had the date course planned out, says, “We don’t have time because you came late.”

“We can go when we’re in Seoul,” says Ye Won.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, Ye Won.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 77962177

The two take off on their bikes, as Jong Hoon captures the picturesque ride along the beach on camera.

After taking in the beautiful view from the café, Ye Won and Jong Hoon go outside to take a few photos together.

Back at the house, Eunyoung, who is waiting to go on her date, says she’s nervous about the final selection that looms ahead, adding “Do I have to drink first? I really don’t think I can do it.”

Moments later, we see Eunyoung heading off on her date…with G.Na and N. We’re not sure what’s worse here: The third wheel situation itself or the fact that we can’t tell which idol is the third wheel. Come one, come all to the friend zone.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 49901769

“I think I’m really lucky,” says G.Na. “I’ve gone on dates with everyone here at least once.”

“I’m a cheater,” jokes G.Na.

It appears the bikes weren’t cutting it for Ye Won and Jong Hoon, as the speed demons hop on scooters next to traverse the island.

“It seems like Ye Won is really happy, so I’m happy too,” says Jong Hoon into his camera.

After riding along the coast, they take a break to take in the scenery, and Ye Won asks Jong Hoon, “Have you made your decision?”

“Did I or didn’t I?” teases Jong Hoon. “Just watch, wait and see. Trust time.”

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 83341378

Over on G.Na, Eunyoung and N’s date, the idols are enjoying their last meal together. G.Na turns the camera on Eunyoung, who has been dubbed the “Interview Queen” for her entertaining responses during the private interviews, and N asks to see this side of the quiet Eunyoung that everyone is talking about.

Meanwhile, Ji Won and Min Hyuk are in the car set to take off on their date.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 17096724

“This is awkward,” says Ji Won.

“If you think it’s awkward, it becomes awkward,” says Min Hyuk.

The two then talk about how they’ve never been matched up on a date, which indicates that the two have very different tastes.

Min Hyuk, who has been on many dates with Ye Won, on the other hand, says, ““It’s daebak that Ye Won nuna and I have been on three dates,” pointing to how much they have in common.

They arrive at the location for their horseback riding date, but before they hop on the horses, they sit out to take in the view.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 80139734

“How does this compare to your other dates?” asks Ji Won. “It’s the most awkward, huh?”

“It’s the most awkward, and [it’s] good,” responds Min Hyuk. “Is it the most awkward and uncomfortable?”

“No, it’s not uncomfortable, but it’s awkward,” says Ji Won.

After taking a few photos together, Min Hyuk asks, “What are you going to do?”

“I’m going to go back and think about it,” says Ji Won.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 87113468

“Even up until yesterday, I didn’t ask these kinds of things on the dates at all,” says Min Hyuk with an awkward smile.

“I don’t know,” says Ji Won. “I can’t tell where Ye Won’s heart is. Can you tell? How she might be feeling? Doesn’t it seem like she’s really confused too?”

“After yesterday’s midnight [Truth Room]…” trails off Min Hyuk.

“What did you talk about?” asks Ji Won.

“Are you curious? Should I tell you?” teases Min Hyuk. “[I said] ‘I’ve had a change of heart since the beginning.’”

“I don’t think Ye Won nuna is going to choose me,” continues Min Hyuk. “I thought about it a lot, but the more complicated my thoughts get, it seems like things really do get complicated. So I’m—I don’t know what other people are going to do—I’ve decided to just go where I’m led. [To be] cool.”

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 71676698

Moments before the final selection, when Min Hyuk is asked if he has made his final decision, Min Hyuk says no. “Really, I haven’t organized [my thoughts]. I had made up my mind, to be honest, but it changed again after today’s date. Like a reed. A person’s heart is like a reed.”

Classic Min Hyuk. Can’t make up his mind.

“If I’m being honest, I haven’t made my decision,” echoes Ji Won.”There’s someone who coexists with happiness and comfort. Then there’s someone [who makes me feel] uncomfortable and awkward, and he’s not all that fun, but he makes my heart flutter and I see him as a man. I don’t know what will be the basis of my decision.”

Well, these idols better make up their minds quickly because it’s D-Day.

At this point, we all know who Jong Hoon’s going to pick, and the writer asks him, “What it is about Ye Won you like so much?”

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 24845976

“She’s cute,” Jong Hoon says with a huge grin on his face, “Her facial expressions change a lot, and her reactions are big.”

But we’re also reminded that Jong Hoon previously mentioned that he still worries about G.Na, meaning there’s still a chance for things to change, although we highly doubt it.

Speaking of G.Na, she says during her interview moments before the final selection, “I need to wait and see, but there is someone I am curious about and want to get to know better.”

“You never know the human heart,” says Ye Won. “It can change anytime.”

“His charm? I don’t know, to be honest,” says Eunyoung. “I just like him.”

“I just want to trust my first instinct,” says Kevin.

Now that we’ve heard how the idols are feeling moments before the final selection, it’s finally time to find out who they’ve picked.

G.Na is up first.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 96030576

When the writer asks her if she has made up her mind, G.Na says, “I think it’s the same every time. I want to tell you something else too, but yeah, it is what it is.”

As scenes from G.Na’s previous dates with Jong Hoon flash across the scene, the boys make their way over to G.Na.

The boys arrive, and the writer tells them to stay behind after she counts to ten if their pick is G.Na.

The writer begins the count, and by ten, N, Min Hyuk and Kevin turn to walk away. Jong Hoon doesn’t make a move but soon follows after the other boys as G.Na glances up nervously.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 23595998

“Aigo, it’s over,” says G.Na.

“On the dates with G.Na, she was a comfortable nuna,’ says Jong Hoon during his interview. “It’s a different feeling.”

An hour before the final selection, G.Na says, “To be honest, I went on the most dates with Jong Hoon, and Jong Hoon took care of me. Even yesterday, I thought it’d be awkward, but he took care of me. So I don’t know if that’s why, but it’s become more comfortable.”

Flash forward to the present, and G.Na is crouched on the ground, saying into the camera, “This cruel program…it’s so cruel.. To be honest, I predicted this would happen, so it feels weird. What is this? Knowing, but still feeling weird. It’s okay. It was good, It was fun. I feel like I made a lot of good friends.”

Tears begin welling up in G.Na’s eyes as she continues, “What do I do, I’m crying…now that it’s over.. I’m happy because I made a lot of good friends. Why am I crying? I was fine.”

“Honestly, I have a weak heart,” adds G.Na.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 88626899

Meanwhile, the boys make their way over to Eunyoung, who is next up.

“This is the first time I’ve ever felt like this,” says Eunyoung as she waits nervously for the boys.

The boys are on the same page, as they don’t know how to express their emotions at the moment.

They finally arrive, and Jong Hoon says, “I wanted to get to know you more,” as Eunyoung says she regrets not having had a lot of time to spend with him.

The same rules apply here, and the boys are told to stay behind after the count of ten if their final choice is Eunyoung. This time, Jong Hoon and Min Hyuk are the first to turn away, as N and Kevin, the two idols who went on dates with Eunyoung, linger behind.

After hanging his head apologetically, N turns away. It’s Kevin’s turn to make a move, and he walks toward Eunyoung. He gives her a hug then says, “Sorry.”

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 17156164

Wow, talk about cruel! Not the smartest move on Kevin’s part. We’ll blame this on his lack of experience as well.

Eunyoung’s knees give way, and she says, “This is daebak.”

The boys cover their faces as they walk away.

At this rate, all of the idols will be flying solo back to Seoul.

Eunyoung says, “What do I do,” as a cameraman steps into the shot to catch all of this on camera. Welcome to reality TV, Eunyoung.

But Eunyoung is back to her “Interview Queen” mode in minutes, shouting “Don’t get picked!” to N, whom she chose as her final pick.

“Rather than force it with someone just because I like him, I think the right thing is for that person to find someone better and do better,” says Eunyoung in all seriousness.

But on the way back to the main area, Eunyoung says, “In the end, everyone is going to be left alone.”

Will Eunyoung’s prediction prove accurate?

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 87154396

It’s time for Ye Won to meet her fate.

“When we go back to Seoul, if that person says I want to make this work, I think we’d keep in touch with each other,” says Ye Won.

After waiting nervously for the boys, all four of the male idols make their way over to Ye Won, who says, “How did this happen?”

We’re played back Jong Hoon’s and Min Hyuk’s interview footage as Adele’s Skyfall plays in the background.

So whose world will come crashing down?

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 86839698

N and Kevin, who have already walked away, expecting Min Hyuk to follow suit, say in sincere shock, “He stayed behind?”

And Min Hyuk throws us a curveball.

Ye Won didn’t expect this turn of events either, as she says, “You said you had a change of heart.”

Meanwhile, Jong Hoon just looks pissed.

Even the writer needs to make sure this is actually happening right now, as she says, “I’m going to confirm one more time. Is it true that the two of you, who have stayed behind, have picked Ye Won, who is standing in front of you, as your final selection.”

Talk about crossing your Ts and dotting your Is.

Min Hyuk and Jong Hoon both say yes, so now it’s Ye Won’s turn to decide.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 61477522

“Can I ask a question?” asks Ye Won. “Both of you, what are your reasons?”

“I watched you from the beginning,” says Jong Hoon. “I think we’ve gotten more comfortable through our dates, and I think that my heart has hardened a lot.”

“I was always a little confused, but I thought I should follow how I feel, and I went with my feelings,” says Min Hyuk. All the while, Ye Won can’t hide her smile.

“But, with you, Min Hyuk, you said you had a change of heart,” says Ye Won. “And today, we didn’t see or speak to each other much, so how did your heart change again?”

We’re then shown scenes from the night before, back at the house, where Min Hyuk and Ye Won are seen avoiding each other.

During her interview, Ye Won confirms that she and Min Hyuk didn’t say a word to each other since the midnight Truth Room.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 95712020

“Everything, from the halftime selection to the text, I picked you, Ye Won,” says Min Hyuk. “Even though what I said may have been ambiguous and I said I wanted to get to know the other people, I picked you. But as I became confused, there was a little bit of [me wondering] ‘If I do this, what would Ye Won do?’ So I, myself, wanted to know why I was confused, and I wanted to see how you would react.”

Having head the boys out, it’s really time for Ye Won to make her decision. For real this time. It all comes down to these ten seconds.

Ye Won takes a few steps forward…

As we pan to Ji Won, who is waiting her turn.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 82691604

“I haven’t made my decision, but I think the answer will come when I see his face,” says Ye Won before the final selection.

The remaining male idols make their way to Ji Won, whom they’ve both picked as their final choice.

Ji Won, who clearly didn’t expect this outcome, is visibly distressed.

During her interview, Ji Won said that she was going back and forth between Min Hyuk and N, but we all know who has her heart. Still, will she surprise us all and choose from one of the two idols who stand before her?

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 59491992

Before we know it, Ji Won’s ten seconds are up, and she walks towards the boys. She reaches her hand out to Kevin first for a handshake, the ultimate ‘let’s just be friends’ sign.

Now, will N make it out of the friend zone?

Nope. Handshake number two, coming right up.

So, Ji Won has passed on both of the boys.

“Up until the very end, I hadn’t made my decision, but when I saw those two, that’s when my heart knew for sure,” says Ye Won afterwards. “[I thought] Ah, he didn’t come,” referring to her final choice Min Hyuk.

But, alas, Min Hyuk is waiting for Ye Won to make her final decision. As are we.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 81569044

She takes a few steps forward and says, “To be honest, I went back and forth, but I’ll go with where my heart is leading me now. I don’t know how it would’ve been if we had a little more time, but this is where my heart is in this moment.”

She then goes in for a hug…with Min Hyuk, as he lets out an awkward laugh. And Jong Hoon stares stiffly ahead.

Ye Won then officially exiles Jong Hoon to the friend zone with a handshake.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 25719015

“If I have to say why, I went on dates with both of you, but the person I was more comfortable with and who really made things fun was Min Hyuk. Although he did hurt me, I think these times were more fun, so…”

“I’m still confused, but when the two of them were standing there, rather than think ‘I wonder what would happen if I chose him or him,’ I found myself walking towards Min Hyuk,” says Ye Won. “Every little word on our dates…and all those times I was laughing, I was really laughing.”

“I just went with how I felt,” says Min Hyuk of his decision, “My feet wouldn’t budge after the ten seconds. Although I was ambiguous during the interviews, when it was hard for me to make a decision, I thought about my first instinct.”

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 54606035

Min Hyuk then leaves a message for Ye Won, saying “Thank you for choosing me. I really had a lot of fun, It was fun. Thank you.”

Jong Hoon, on the other hand, must face his not-so-happy ending.

During his interview prior to the final selection, Jong Hoon says with a smile, “Even if you don’t pick me, I can be cool.”

But how does he feel now that reality has hit him hard?

“I think the saying, ‘Sorry, I can’t be cool about it’ is going to come out now,” says Jong Hoon following the final selection. “I want to be cool about it, but I can’t get over it. It’s a little uncomfortable.”

Cue FT Island’s You’re a Bad Girl.

When asked how he would describe the past three nights, four days, Jong Hoon says “It was half heart-fluttery? All the while I was here, before I slept, when I woke up, I can see the girl I like, and I think I approached every moment with a fluttery heart.”

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 23162426

All of the idols have regrouped, and while they welcome the Min Hyuk-Ye Won couple with applause, Jong Hoon sits in the bus alone.

Still, the other idols appear to be in high spirits as they head off for the airport to return to life in Seoul.

[NEWS] 130213 [Recap: The Romantic & Idol Season 2] The Final Selection…Finally 46346691

Source: http://enewsworld.mnet.com
    Re-Post: hongstarpat@ftislandphilippines
    Share this post on: reddit

joyreignz

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:16 pm by joyreignz

Oh me! Oh my! I feel sorry for Jonghoon oppa. But it's ok, all Primadonna's loves him so much especially "ME". Huwaaat?!!

Anyway, @hongstarpat thank you for this post. I can now get this topic out of my mind(because. . . . almost every day I was thinking what happened to Ye Won & Jonghoon) I LOVE YOU PRIM! You're so active! Hope to see you around here in Marikina(I've read it at "Forum Member's Profile" that you're location is also in marikina).
    hongstarpat

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:26 pm by hongstarpat

joyreignz wrote:Oh me! Oh my! I feel sorry for Jonghoon oppa. But it's ok, all Primadonna's loves him so much especially "ME". Huwaaat?!!

Anyway, @hongstarpat thank you for this post. I can now get this topic out of my mind(because. . . . almost every day I was thinking what happened to Ye Won & Jonghoon) I LOVE YOU PRIM! You're so active! Hope to see you around here in Marikina(I've read it at "Forum Member's Profile" that you're location is also in marikina).

No problem! I love sharing stuffs about the boys...
    Oh you're from Marikina? Hope to see you, too! omg Very Happy btw i just mentioned you on twitter XD let's talk personal stuffs there XD
    joyreignz

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:18 pm by joyreignz

Thank you again hongstarpat. Smile
    Majem

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:26 pm by Majem

I pity Ji Won too...maybe she was lead on? now that this series is complete...I must watch keke Very Happy

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:40 pm